[continue] new clue on my gnome crash! GETTING THERE

beinan li li.beinan at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 01:19:29 UTC 2006

Hi,

Sorry for bothering with a few same posts on my gnome crash problem.
After a day's struggling, I sort of see that the problem is with my SCIM.
I inserted "scim -d" in the start-up program in the session manager
through GUI.  Could anyone be kind enough to let me know which
config file I should edit to remove this?
Thank you.

Below is the ~/.xsession-error:

/etc/gdm/PreSession/Default: Registering your session with wtmp and utmp
/etc/gdm/PreSession/Default: running: /usr/bin/sessreg -a -w /var/log/wtmp
-u /var/run/utmp -x "/var/lib/gdm/:0.Xservers" -h "" -l ":0" "kakyo"
/etc/gdm/Xsession: Beginning session setup...
SESSION_MANAGER=local/kakyo-desktop:/tmp/.ICE-unix/5407
Gnome-Message: gnome_execute_async_with_env_fds: returning -1
Launching a SCIM daemon with Socket FrontEnd...
Creating backend ...
Gnome-Message: gnome_execute_async_with_env_fds: returning -1
Plugin rp-pppoe.so loaded.
Launching a SCIM daemon with Socket FrontEnd...
Creating backend ...
Starting SCIM as daemon ...
Starting SCIM as daemon ...
Launching a SCIM process with x11...
Creating backend ...
kbuildsycoca running...
GTK Panel of SCIM 1.4.4

GTK Panel of SCIM 1.4.4

Warning: Crypt::Simple not found ...

CheckGmail requires the above packages for password encryption
Please download and install from CPAN (http://search.cpan.org) if you want
to use this feature ...

ScimInputContextPlugin()
GTK Panel of SCIM 1.4.4

GTK Panel of SCIM 1.4.4

GTK Panel of SCIM 1.4.4

GTK Panel of SCIM 1.4.4

Can't initialize SocketServer.
GTK IM Module SCIM: Cannot connect to Panel!
GTK Panel of SCIM 1.4.4

GTK Panel of SCIM 1.4.4

GTK Panel of SCIM 1.4.4

GTK Panel of SCIM 1.4.4

Failed to launch SCIM.
Smart Common Input Method 1.4.4

GTK Panel of SCIM 1.4.4

GTK IM Module SCIM: Cannot connect to Panel!
------

Beinan