[Semi-OT] Palm suggestions?

h0mer ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Thu Aug 31 19:23:30 UTC 2006

well, I have a LifeDrive and no regrets about it:D

It might not be the fastest gizmo in town, but -at least for me- the
speed is completely acceptable. It's not like I have to wait more than
two seconds for apps to load. Maybe if you're used to previous fast
palms you might be disappointed, but I got my lifedrive after years
hanging on to a hp 568 pocket pc, which was wonderful at the time. My
lifedrive was certainly faster so I am happy.

I managed to sync my lifedrive flawlessly with breezy. It was probably
better than windows... I just plugged it in to see what happened, and
at my amazement, evolution began to sync all contacts, calendar, and
stuff. I then installed jpilot and could do prc installing and whatnot.
What's best, the lifedrive can function as a usb drive, so if all you
want is to copy mp3s for the road, you don't even need to install or
set up a thing. Just turn on the drive feature on the LD, plug it in,
and watch it pop up.

For your needs, it seems that the LD can perform greatly. Try to get
your hands on one and find out if it is too slow for you. I haven't
tried to interface it with Dapper since I'm recently upgraded (new
install, in fact). As soon as I give it a try, I'll post an update.

--
h0mer