Transparency, Community? (was Re: List-Id Changed why? )

Felipe Figueiredo philsf at ufrj.br
Thu Aug 31 15:30:24 UTC 2006

?

> Matthew East wrote:
> > The simple facts are these - the mailing list description has been
> > amended to better reflect the original intentions for the list,
>
> No, the "simple facts" are that you made a unilateral decision without any
> consultation with the people affected by it.
>
> If you'd actually asked for opinions, I expect I'd have been in the
> minority that would want to continue to allow _all_ Ubuntu discussion here,
> and I'd have gone along with the rest.  Instead you just completely
> overrode the rest of us.

Excuse me, but since when is the list "ours" (the community?) The list IMO is
FOR the community, and I strongly believe it will much better suit it's needs
by removing ubuntu-overal discussion (like "has windows bee replaced",
or "ubuntu is not free", god help us).

Did gmail asked anyone if they wanted another 1.5gig per account? Did they
need to ask anything about it?

If you want to contribute with that kind of thread, I could simply subscribe
to both lists. There is no need to make them all the same.