listing files

MICHAEL WEAVER michaelweaver1 at btinternet.com
Thu Aug 31 07:08:55 UTC 2006

How do I list files on something other than a hard drive when using the
command line?
I have a CD burned of the latest Ubuntu but I need to find out if there
is a fault with the files ie whether it has burned properly.
A directory listing might tell me if all of the files in the iso burned
onto the CD.
I tried looking on my desktop in windows only I keep getting this splash
screen and what I see is disk tree or something like that and I can't
seem to find anything else with it trying to boot the CD so I am hoping
a LS on my laptop which has Ubuntu will indicate if there is a problem.