Mail Problems

Karl-Heinz Schulz karlheinz at khschulz.com
Wed Aug 30 11:27:29 UTC 2006

Ciao Kris,

The /etc/network/interfaces looks like

<interfaces >

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The primary network interface
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
        address 207.59.215.24    -> and I tried to enter the following
"207.59.215.23 207.59.215.24"
        netmask 255.255.255.224
        network 207.59.215.0
        broadcast 207.59.215.31
        gateway 207.59.215.1
        # dns-* options are implemented by the resolvconf package, if
installed
        dns-nameservers 66.255.85.8 66.255.85.9
</interfaces>

How would the /etc/aliases looks like if all mail to
"john.doe at WhatEverDomain.com" need to be rerouted to the user "JohnD"?

TIA