Servers

GĂ©rard BIGOT gerard.bigot at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 09:24:52 UTC 2006

On 8/30/06, Richard Brown <rich at cregy.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi

<snip/>

> Also I wondered whether folks would separate the servers at all. It doesn't
> seem to me to be asking a server too much to do the above tasks!

I think it's not a question of server load, here. It's a question of
what you can lose. If you got a server crash, can you render your
company effectively jobless, I mean without 1, 2 and 3 at the same
time? If you could get more servers, and spread the services on those
services, you'll spread the risks.

You could get even less expensive servers. My internal web server
serves 500 people and runs on a Pentium III, 800MHz. And nobody knows.

It just means a bit more maintenance on your side.

G.