ssh problem

Paul Dwerryhouse paul at dwerryhouse.com.au
Wed Aug 30 04:01:57 UTC 2006

On Tue, Aug 29, 2006 at 08:39:25PM -0700, maxim wexler wrote:
> When I try to go the other way however, I keep getting:
> ssh: connect to host HOST port 22: connection refused.

Sounds like either you have iptables blocking traffic with REJECT or,
more likely, the ssh server isn't running.

Install the openssh-server package, if you haven't already.

> I've edited the /etc/ssh/ssh_config to allow port 22
> access.

Note that the ssh_config file only controls the ssh command, not the
sshd server; it's /etc/ssh/sshd_config that you want to be looking at
(and by default, it will set sshd to listen on port 22).

Cheers,

Paul

--
Paul Dwerryhouse				| PGP Key ID: 0x6B91B584