home wireless lan

Michael R Head burner at suppressingfire.org
Tue Aug 29 21:21:51 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-08-29 at 23:00 +0200, Dieter Schicker wrote:

> Thanks for your answer. Since I don't have a wireless LAN card yet can
> you recommend a specific card that can function as an wireless access
> point?

It can be a bit tricky to get the right card. I'm currently using some
(old) netgear PCMCIA cards in PLX adapters at two different sites. They
work well, but are hard to find, unless you go on ebay. It's a bit
problematic because manufacturers change their chipsets without changing
the model, so it's quite hard to get the right card with the right
chipset.

You'll want to check http://hostap.epitest.fi/hostapd/ for the list of
drivers/cards that are supported.

mike

--
Michael R Head <burner at suppressingfire.org>
burner | suppressingfire | firestorm | phoenix | firefighter | flambe |