Xubuntu: questions

Gabriel Dragffy dragffy at yandex.ru
Mon Aug 28 07:18:40 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-08-27 at 19:04 +0200, Luca Manganelli wrote:
> - how to skip the forced media checking? EVERY boot Xubuntu checks my
> FAT partition for errors.
> - there's a light IM client? Gaim is too heavy for my 128MB machine.
> - and a light web browser? I tried Firefox and Opera, but I'm not too
> satisfied with them.
>
> --
> "Work only as many hours as you can be productive and only as many hours as
>  you can sustain."  - Kent Beck, in "Extreme Programming Explained"
>
> http://www.trapanator.com/blog

I just thought that maybe you could try running the portable version of
firefox from www.portableapps.com, it seems to work perfectly with wine
(you even get latest flash support). At least you can avoid having a
tremendous tree of dependencies for GTK. If that seems to go well there
is also a portable version of Gaim.