Has Ubuntu Replaced Windows on Your Box?

p0pnfresh ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Sun Aug 27 13:58:55 UTC 2006

Hi,

I've been using windows forever, since 3.11. Before that, as a child, I
used microsoft's DOS. I had known about linux for all that time but
never quite managed to do a succesfull installation. I had tried SUSE,
MEPIS, pure DEBIAN, MANDRIVA among others. But last year I found UBUNTU
and quickly became interested in its aesthetic and philosohpy. I
partitioned my HD to dual boot XP and UBUNTU and everything worked
nice. So since last year I had a dual boot. But yesterday, I realized
there was an alternative to almost every software I use in windows, and
that I had sufficient experience understanding computers. So I
re-formated my Dell Inspiron notebook and dedicated the whole disk to
UBUNTU. I'm being very careful and reading all I can before making
changes since during my dual boot time I understood how easy it is to
break a linux box.

--
p0pnfresh