LTSP login problems (Breezy Server)

Jose Catre-Vandis ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Sun Aug 27 02:00:38 UTC 2006

Jonathan Carter;949257 Wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-04-23 at 02:58 +0100, Brbotalnik wrote:

> > I have the same problem with latest version of Dapper Drake. ://

> Try running:

> $sudo ltsp-update-sshkeys

> Restart the thin client and try to log in again.

> -Jonathan

Thank you so much for this little tip, it got me going fine.

For info, I set up edubuntu in vmware server (with two NICS) then
created a thin clinet in vmware server as well. Vmware has spare
virtual nics for additional nics but you might find that most of them
do not work. My untampered vmware install allowed /dev/vmnet8 to work.
Also make sure you use a different subnet for the 2nd nic in edubuntu
and on your thin client if you are already on a LAN, e.g. my LAN runs
on 10.10.10.0 and edubuntu runs on 192.168.0.0.

--
Jose Catre-Vandis