listing all user accounts that exist on dapper server

Florian Diesch diesch at spamfence.net
Sat Aug 26 02:11:39 UTC 2006

"Oscar Veloz" <oveloz at glasfloss.com> wrote:

> How do I list all user accounts that exist on a dapper server, and what
> steps or what checklist do I use to check the security of a dapper
> server from a rogue admin that has left.  The obvious is ssh and telnet
> access, but what other vulnerabilities might exist?

If he was clever the only way is to do a fresh installation (or at least
that's much easier than checking every single binary if it's modified).

At least you should boot from a trustworthy medium, check the system for
known rootkits, change all passwords, ssh keys etc., check the crontabs,
at jobs, init scripts and the configuration of all programs listening on
public networks interfaces.

   Florian
--
<http://www.florian-diesch.de/>