Network: constant activity, why ??

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at numericable.fr
Sat Aug 26 20:12:40 UTC 2006

> > for more information have a look at
> > news://news.numericable.fr/fr.usenet.internet.cable on USENET.
>
> Ohhhh, I don't know a thing about usenet and newsgroups, never used one
> before... do I need to install a special program to read this a
> newsgroup, how does it work ?? Can I just copy/paste the URI you gave
> me, in a web browser address bar or something ? Probably not...

Okay, I looked in the help pages of e-mail client, it can do news
groups. The problem is that when it asks me for the news server, I typed

and it didn't like it.

So I tried news://news.numericable.fr and it didn't like it either.
I then reduced it to just news.numericable.fr and it was much happier,
showing me litterally thousands of news groups to choose from.
I searched/browsed for "fr", found it, then "usenet", found it, then
"internet" but couldn't find this one ! I couldn't find "cable"
either in this directory level ! :-(

Heeeelp... ;-)

--
Vince