Network: constant activity, why ??

Stegozor stegozor at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 09:16:13 UTC 2006

On 8/26/06, Vincent Trouilliez <vincent.trouilliez at numericable.fr> wrote:

> Thanks Thilo, "iptraf" is nice indeed :-)
> So in short, if I understand correctly, this traffic is not generated by
> my machine, but on the contrary, is entirely formed by
> zillions of computers poking my machine tirelessly all day long.
> Like the white noise coming from the universe, I guess one must get
> used to living with a network "white noise" as well ;-)
> I guess we can't do anything about it then, so I will just live with it
> and factor it in when I evaluate how much traffic IIIII can actually
> use if I don't want to exceed this soon to be applied 30GB quota.

Hi Vincent,

Well, this is not going to answer your initial question, but let me
tell you that this new throughput from Numericable (my ISP as well)
doesn't have any quota of any kind applied. Right now you can call
them and switch to this new offer, for more information have a look at
news://news.numericable.fr/fr.usenet.internet.cable on USENET.