is this a "technical support list"? (was: OK ITS OFFICIAL I AM THINKING ABOUT REMOVING ANYTHING TO DO WITH UBUNTU AND JUST GOING WITH DEBIAN

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Fri Aug 25 13:32:18 UTC 2006

Alexander Skwar wrote:

> Senectus . <senectus at gmail.com>:
>
>> the sounder list as this list is a technical support list.

No, it certainly isn't a "technical support list".

> That's debateable, although I very much agree with this point of view.
> There's IMO too much chit-chat which doesn't have a direct linkage to
> Ubuntu on this list. Said differently, the charta of this list is
> IMO too broad.

The charter is reasonable. However, this isn't discussion _about_ ubuntu,
it's one person's rant about apparently being banned (with obvious good
reason) from a completely different forum.  _That_ doesn't belong here, but
the simplest way to kill it is for everybody to ignore the thread... (yeah,
I know I didn't, but Senectus the _worst_ possible way to kill a thread is
to tell people to take it elsewhere).
--
derek