I am *SO* going to turn off automatic updates.

Chanchao custom at freenet.de
Fri Aug 25 04:15:28 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-24 at 12:58 -0700, Keith David Godat wrote:

> I found those instructions from a previous thread about this problem, and I put
> them into a .txt file just in case I came across that problem.

Good thinking.. :)

I noticed something else, even after applying the fix... My
'blurry/noisy/distorted buttons' are back.  So apparently this update
still chucked out my xorg.conf file and replaced it with its own and
didn't even bother leaving a backup..

Just googled and dug up the soltion again.  (Involves adding some magic
spell mantra stuff the xorg.conf..  (Option "RenderAccel" "false"))

Cheers,
Chanchao