MUD's

Michael T. Richter ttmrichter at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 01:13:49 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-24-08 at 12:48 -0700, Keith David Godat wrote:

> On Wed, 2006-23-08 at 03:52 -0400, Mark Johanson wrote:
> > Looking for a good to decent mud client, and was curious if
> > anyone else played any muds and if so what client they used.
> >
> I'm not deeply into MUDs, but I have used the package gnome-mud.  It
> works pretty well, try it out.  sudo apt-get install gnome-mud

I strongly recommend against GNOME-MUD unless you really basically want
to use telnet with some world database attached.  It is such a
functionality-free client that it's truly amazing.  (First missing
piece?  Word-wrapping....)

For GUI clients the two I've had some luck with (not ideal clients, but
OK) are GnoeMoe and KildClient.  By "some luck with" I mean "don't crash
for no apparent reason leaving nothing behind, even if logging is turned
on".  (This is why Papaya, if I remember the name correctly, and
MudMagic got turfed.)  Unfortunately you'll have to build both of these
yourself.

--
Michael T. Richter
Email: ttmrichter at gmail.com, mtr1966 at hotpop.com
MSN: ttmrichter at hotmail.com, mtr1966 at hotmail.com; YIM:
michael_richter_1966; AIM: YanJiahua1966; ICQ: 241960658; Jabber:
mtr1966 at jabber.cn

"To [the Chinese], all other people are barbarians." --The Dalai Lama