Syncing a Palm TX with Ubuntu Dapper LTS

pup ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Thu Aug 24 19:13:10 UTC 2006

Attepmting to sync my Palm TX with Ubuntu 6.0.6LTS.

Followed instructions and set port as /dev/ttyUSB0 and also ran teh
commmand sudo mount -t usbfs none /proc/bus/usb/ but it doesnt seem to
work.  Using J-pilot and have gpilotd running.

Get the following error msg:

Syncing on device /dev/ttyUSB0

Press the HotSync button now

pi_bind error: /dev/ttyUSB0 No such file or directory

Check your serial port and settings

Exiting with status SYNC_ERROR_BIND

Finished

I'm no expert just a Joe User, so what does the above mean and how do I
fix it / get teh TX to sync correctly ????????

If I can get this to work then ALL of my applications will work on
Linux adn I don't need Windows :D

--
pup