Getting a list of previous updates by time?

Jan Moren jan.moren at lucs.lu.se
Thu Aug 24 04:53:04 UTC 2006

tor 2006-08-24 klockan 06:26 +0200 skrev Mario Vukelic:
> On Thu, 2006-08-24 at 09:35 +0900, Jan Moren wrote:
> >
> > So I wonder, is there a way to get a list of packages you have
> > installed
> > or updated, ordered by the installation or update date?
>
> If you used aptitude it keeps a log in /var/log/aptitude. If you used
> Synaptic, go to menu File -> History. I have no idea about options if
> you used Update Manager or apt-get

Well, it's Update Manager that installs updates, so that's what I need.

And Stu Greens idea (check the modification time on stuff
in /var/cache/apt/archives) doesn't seem to work either; it's all but
empty in my case.

Does anybody by any chance remember what packages were updated around
Wednesday the 9:th of August to Friday the 11:th? Especially that could
conceivably have touched dhcp, NetworkManager or anything dns-related?

--
Dr. Jan Morén (mr)
Japan:  090-3622 8920           jan.moren at lucs.lu.se
Sweden: 031-360 7723            http://lucs.lu.se/people/jan.moren