Sending mails by right clicking on a file: how to replace Evolution?

Stegozor stegozor at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 17:39:34 UTC 2006

Hi everyone,

My newsbie questions continue: Imagine an Ubuntu account for which
Thunderbird is the default mail/news client. That still doesn't force
the use of Thunderbird when one right clicks on a link on his desktop
and chooses send to... option. The windows that's opened just after
displays only Evolution in the menu.

Evolution is probably a good piece of software, but as I'm used to
Mozilla products since I've been using Windows until recently, I'd like
to stick to them. How can I use Thunderbird to send files on the desktop
by right clicking on them and then on send to ? TIA.

PS: Thunderbird _is_ already the default mail/usenet client. In
System>Preferences>Preferred applications (or very close, I'm using a
desktop in French), I see mozilla-thunderbird %s in the Command field,
and Mozilla Thunderbird is set as the default application.