aptutude holding packages

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Wed Aug 23 14:04:02 UTC 2006

Tony Arnold wrote:

> Derek,
>
> On Tue, 2006-08-22 at 14:35 -0300, Derek Broughton wrote:
>
>> > I used aptitude to 'hold' the old xserver-xorg-core package because of
>> > its problems. Now the problems have been fixed in the repository
>> > version, how do I cancel the hold?
>>
>> Would you believe "unhold" :-)
>
> I'll give it a try. It doesn't seem to be mentioned in the man page for
> aptitude!

LOL.  So it isn't...  I'd just assumed it because I knew that the reverse
of "markauto" was "unmarkauto". I had tested it, though.  I'd just run into
a problem with Wine - new version from Edgy segfaults immediately - so I'd
reinstalled the Dapper version from winehq and held it, so I did an unhold
and it worked.
--
derek