Ubuntu vs Freespire

Sylvain Girard girard.sylvain at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 12:06:42 UTC 2006

That's true, but even for me comparing functionality between the two
sometimes is an issue. The difference between browser is only so much, but
so are the features. You can't compare office suites like that, they're
feature bloated and only basic functionality is called the same.

On 8/23/06, Alan Mckinnon <alan at linuxholdings.co.za> wrote:

> On Wed, 2006-08-23 at 13:02 +0200, Sylvain Girard wrote:
> > I think the issue is that the kids learn to use office in school. How
> > close the openoffice functionality is to the ms office functionality,
> > the interface isn't quite the same.
>
> If your kids can find their way around Office, then can't find their way
> around OpenOffice, then they shouldn't be using the computer at all.
> Seriously.
>
> You are making an issue out of something that simply isn't an issue at
> all. You would never claim that they will not be able to use
> Firefox/Konqueror/Epiphany/Galeon/SeaMonkey/Mozilla/Opera/Netscape
> because they have already learned IE, right?
>
> alan

Best regards,
Sylvain Girard

Consultant