OT - But critical to me

John Dangler jdangler at atlantic.net
Tue Aug 22 17:53:46 UTC 2006

This is OT for Ubuntu per se, but it is driving me nuts.  For the last
three weeks, every night at between 1:30 and 1:40 AM my network dies.

I've had the ISP monitoring this for the entire period, and they agree
that it is a problem.  We've contacted the telephone company, and they
keep insisting that nothing is wrong.  We've gotten them to switch our
incoming lines from one port/pair to another, but that didn't help.

I'm going to go outside this evening at 1AM and setup my laptop and the
dsl router on the NIB and see if it fails there, eliminating any inside
wiring problems (since this has been running for over 5 years without
any problems, I can't see this as being the culprit anyway).

If anyone on the list has any input as to how I can get this resolved,
I'd really appreciate it.

tia