Dapper corrupts Dell laptop BIOS!

Francisco Borges f.borges at rug.nl
Tue Aug 22 15:52:26 UTC 2006

ยป On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 11:12AM -0400, John Dangler wrote:

> Just for clarity, can you tell us what model Dell laptop you have ?
> I just ran the upgrade to xorg-core update this morning on my Dell 8600,
> and, as soon as I finish answering some emails, etc., I'm going to
> reboot it to see what's up... I'll let you know if I find anything...

I have a Dell Inspiron 6400, but the problem seems to be pretty
generic. Cound't find your model in the bug report page though.

If you read the bug reports, you will see that the problem may remain
quiet for a good time. In most cases, it seems that having the BIOS
making a throughout check of itself (necessary after changing BIOS
settings for instance) will trigger it.

According to some other posters it seems to come pretty much at random
(but then they might have the BIOS check on by default).

--
Francisco