Syncing a Treo 700p with Evolution (or a Treo 650) Please Read

Peter Diercks di at jls-hh.de
Mon Aug 21 22:04:07 UTC 2006

Hello List,

Finally I got the syncing of my Palm Z22 to work sufficiently for me.

I have no other sync software installed, only gnome-pilot together with
Evolution. And it does work without coldsync!
My PDA has only a USB connector, no cradle. I connect the PDA, switch it
on and start the sync function. In almost all cases it does not start at
once. In this case I stop the process and restart it again. One simply
has to keep trying! After the fifth or tenth try there will be a beep
sound, and syncing starts. I have no idea why this function does not
work reliably - but it works in the end.
I only do syncs PDA ---> PC, and it works fine.

Greetings,
Peter