pdf slideshow export?

Alain -- ubuntu at asoundmove.net
Mon Aug 21 18:04:46 UTC 2006

From/De [Matt Price]
On/Le [2006/08/21 17:33]
> i just got in an email a pdf document created with Adobe Photoshop
> Album.  it's a little slideshow of photos, all assembled into a single
> document.  it's a convenient way to receive multiple photos -- it's just
> one click to see them all, instead of labourious back and forth clicking
> as one has in e.g. the evolution/eye-of-gnome combination.  i was
> wondering whether anmy of the linux-based photo programs can do a
> similar export.  has anyone seen anything like that in ubuntu?
>
> matt

Hi Matt,

Probably not your cup of tea, but you can achieve this using LaTeX.
It is a 'code' based editor capable of producing and exploiting the
capabilities of PDF documents, including slide shows.
If you go down that route I recommend using additional packages such as
pgf and beamer, they help when it comes to slide shows. There are other
packages for that too, but I can't comment as I have not used them.

It's not for the faint hearted though and requires a bit of geekness or
a technical mind to make it work. There might be wysiwyg packages out
there, but I don't know of them. Ever thought checking out sourceforge?

Regards,
Alain.