MCP51 AC97 on-board sound worked when I installed Ubuntu, then stopped!

Adam Funk a24061 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 21 11:31:20 UTC 2006

On 2006-08-18, Johann Spies <jspies at sun.ac.za> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 18, 2006 at 09:59:59AM +0100, Adam Funk wrote:
>> Anyway `modprobe -v -r snd_intel8x0` followed (after a few seconds'
>> wait) by `modprobe -v snd_intel8x0` fixed it.
>
> Can you record sound with that setup?

Now that you mention it (I hadn't tried it until you said that) I
don't think so, but I need to investigate it a bit more.

Do you think this sound hardware should work without the snd_intel8x0
module?

BTW when the outgoing sound *is* working, modprobe and rmmod will not
let me unload that module (in use).