Installing NX on Ubuntu and Windows XP

Eamonn Sullivan eamonn.sullivan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 09:16:55 UTC 2006

On 8/21/06, Leo Noordhuizen <leo.noordhuizen at gmail.com> wrote:

> A question about installing and usage of NX.
>
> I installed NXserver on the latest version Ubuntu, and installed NX client on a Windows XP
> system. With the thinking of wanting have a working system and after that tightening security if
> necessary, I used all defaults when installing.
>
> BUT.... No luck.
>
> (I want to be able to completely take over my Linux system via the XP system.)

That's the way I use Dapper frequently and it works well for me. How
did you install the NX server on Linux? Did you use the repositories
and this page?

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FreeNX

[snip]

> Permission denied (publickey,password).
> Killed by signal 15.
>
> I would be very happy if somebody could point me in the right direction how to solve this.

Everything in the logs looks fine up to this point, and I haven't seen
this before, so I'm hoping someone more knowledgable can help.

-Eamonn