Ubuntu KDE

HobbitTR ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Sat Aug 19 09:07:07 UTC 2006

Henry,

One of the best written and reasoned documents I have read so far about
this never ending "Linux on the desktop, market share" commentaries is
located at:

"Linux is NOT Windows"

http://linux.oneandoneis2.org/LNW.htm

Most Linux developers (and probably most users at my beginner, NON
developer level) do not care about "market share" or other percentages
related to how many users at the desktop.  If users were truly
discriminating they would have chosen the Mac in 1984 and stuck with it
forever.  :p

Windows market share had nothing to do with being the best product,
ease of use nor innovation.  It had to do with Apple's goofs,
advertising, marketing, and selling a product regardless of its
usefulness. ](*,)

You fail to tell us why market share is important, if Windoze users are
fat, friendly and ignorant then lettum stay that way. :confused:

I am against missionaries of any kind, Christian, Muslim, Mac or Linux.
Far too many of 'em, too ready to fight each other. :twisted:

Sooooooo, if you're gonna package and market Linux, by all means do so,
but please do not confuse the bulk of Linux users with the few who want
market share.  Rolls-Royce, Mercedes or Volvo are not concerned with
market share, in the same vein neither should be Linux. :rolleyes:

Respectfully,

Hobbit

--
HobbitTR