Has Ubuntu Replaced Windows on Your Box?

bjmgryphon ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Fri Aug 18 04:21:21 UTC 2006

Yes, finally. Running Ubuntu 5.10 on Laptop (work), and 6.06 on Desktop
(multimedia). I've used many flavors of Linux distros (FreeBSD,
Mandrake, Fedora, etc) watching each distro mature and evolve over the
years, and I am jazzed with Ubuntu and the Linux community as a whole.
No need for running any Windoze apps. Software compatability has been
very good (with those other folks, mainly my neighbors that work up the
street in Redmond) and I've made sure to research compatability before
buying hw components, although I haven't had any issues when I didn't.
I edit web pages, create pdf's, ftp transfer, rdp to windoze, xdmcp to
linux, capture and edit video with kino and canopus dv raptor card
(which never worked in with windows drivers)...you name it.

--
bjmgryphon