How to install an internet connection with a wireless CDMA

Tod Merley todbot88 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 00:53:14 UTC 2006

On 8/17/06, Fouad Riaz Bajwa <bajwa at fossfp.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In our part of the world, CDMA wireless internet connectivity is used
> extensively otherwise bandwidth is very expensive, I have had this problem
> to install at Huewi CDMA Wireless Telephone Set to connect to the internet,
> we do have drivers for Windows and a supporting installation CD but nothing
> for Linux, sometimes I use VMWare to connect virtually through the windows
> machine since it uses a bridge or nat activity to connect, has anyone had
> similar issues and can someone guide me the process to connect to a wireless
> set through Ubuntu desktop and server with command instructions, thank you.
>
> Regards

Hi Fouad Riaz Bajwa!

Did you mean Huawei  instead of Huewi?  If so then this is your provider?:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huawei

Below is perhaps what you want:

http://ergonomica.wordpress.com/2006/05/05/pcmcia-3ggprs-connection-on-ubuntu-with-a-huawei-e600/

Similar for us a bit more "Americas" oriented (included for possibly
useful technique):

http://www.ka9q.net/5220.html

Good Hunting!

Tod