GPL music?

Lorin Pino ljpino at grm.net
Fri Aug 18 00:19:36 UTC 2006

Miles Lane wrote:

>On 8/16/06, email.listen at googlemail.com <email.listen at googlemail.com> wrote:
>

>>H Ian
>>Am Wed, 16. August 2006 23:11 schrieb Ian Kabeary:
>>8...9
>>

>>>(Yes I am aware I am sending this to 2 mailing lists.)
>>>Does anyone know of a place where you can get free (as in beer) music or
>>>sound that would assist in making music? Thanks!
>>>

>>http://www.jamendo.com/
>>

>Music player troubles:
>
>I tried to play music from this website
>(http://www.jamendo.com/get/track/id/album/audio/play/889).
>
>I tried RealPlayer 10, which can play all the tracks, but the audio is
>full of stuttering.  I have tried tweaking the preferences (turning
>off and on options related to buffering, caching, transport, etc).
>Nothing helped.
>
>So, it seems that audio stream playback support is a mess in Ubuntu.
>
>      Miles

I am currently listenning to the link you posted with realplayer.  Are
you on a high speed connection?  If so, maybe you tried to listen during
a high traffic time on their site?  The track is playing clear with no
stutters, or pauses to rebuffer (good piano).  By the way, which
realplayer are you using (mine is 10.0.6.776)?  It was loaded as
realplay from restricted, if I remember right.
~Lorin