GPL music?

Keith David Godat yoyoofthemilk at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 19:52:54 UTC 2006

My favourite website for getting 'free as in beer' music is Soulseek
Records.  They are primarily experimental Electronica.  And some of
their music requires a strange taste, but they have very interesting
music projects if you would like to participate.

"Soulseek records is a community-oriented netlabel founded in 2002 by
users of the peer-to-peer file sharing network Soulseek.  Soulseek
Records' operation is not-for-profit and advocate the ideals of the
Creative Commons by allowing listeners to freely distribute releases for
non-commercial purposes."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soulseek_Records (plenty of information on
soulseek records here)
http://www.soulseekrecords.com/ (You can grab the official compilations
here, although I've noticed this isn't kept as up to date as the
community site)
http://www.soulseekrecords.net/ (Community site, lots of music projects
are coordinated here)

Enjoy yourself,