Kubuntu 6.06.1 Desktop -> Xorg memory leak?

Tebano epaminonda l_epa_m_inonda at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 17 12:53:53 UTC 2006

Hi,
I'm running on my laptop Kubuntu 6.06.1 LTS - Desktop.
Just from first install, I've had some problems with memory usage of my
System, so I've just fixed Firefox and Epiphany memory drain.
It seems ok, but from when I've installed Automatix-Kubuntu (and some
relative software), Xorg became a memory-eater worst then Firefox...
It starts (after boot) with 5% of memory usage and in two hours became 20%
also without opening new windows or programs (and the mua is closed), but
only gaim and browser (I cannot work without them!).
Working all day, I've to reboot one or two times, for keep system online
rightly.
Have anyone suggests?
Thanks a lot.