Tomcat would start

garylai ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Wed Aug 16 06:09:16 UTC 2006

Hello, I've been new to this forum and I didn't know whether you need
this advise or not, since it's been 3 weeks ago.

After reading everybody's articles, I got one question about your
/etc/default/tomcat5, is the "JAVA_HOME" got an "#" at the head of the
line? If so, remove it and you can start your tomcat smoothly with
"sudo /etc/init.d/tomcat5 start." It is also better change the
"JAVA_HOME" line to point to Sun JDK package like this
"JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun/."

Since tomcat is always listening to 8180 port, open your browser and
type "http://localhost:8180/", you will see a tomcat welcome page;
otherwise, remove the tomcat package and reinstall it again. Hope this
could help :D .

--
garylai