Installing Putty?

Brian McKee brian.mckee at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 21:22:08 UTC 2006

On 15/08/06, Alexander Skwar <listen at alexander.skwar.name> wrote:
> Phil <plabonte at gmail.com>:
>
> > Because I have about 50 servers I need to connect to and about 1/2 of them
> > use specific keys and not passwords... it is too hard to maintain all that
> > via the command line...
> Not really. You'd need to setup a ~/.ssh/config which sets up the connection
> as required. See "man ssh_config" for what you can configure there.

Just a quick mention that setting up a config file means all sorts of
things get automated too -
i.e. you can use many different text editors like vi to edit 'on the
remote machine'
scp 'just works'
tab-completion starts including user and host name combos
Really slick - and it all works seamlessly because they all use that
config file.
Much nicer than putty once you get on to it  (and I do use putty on MS
products....)
No point running linux unless you take advantage of linux tools :-)