help please

albi albi at scii.nl
Tue Aug 15 08:14:51 UTC 2006

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 10:12:36 +0200
"Elsabe" <elsabe at valic.co.za> wrote:

> I'm trying to install Ubuntu on my pc at home. Got the ISO from the
> Internet.

so you're using dapper 6.06 ? or breezy 5.10 ?

> It installs fine until I must lock in. It doesn't seem to
> remember my user / password because it keeps on telling me that it is
> not correct. I used simple things like my name - all in lower case -
> and numbers like 12345. please if you can help me on what I must do
> I'll be grateful.

i suggest to try the following :

- press ctrl-alt-F1 (first ctrl-alt together, hold it, then F1)
- try to log in there
- report back whether that works or not

it's possible that your linux-partition is full, or that there's a
problem with the graphical environment

--
grtjs,
albi