suspend-to-disk with suspend2 and swap on LVM - Works!

Alexander Skwar listen at alexander.skwar.name
Tue Aug 15 06:15:28 UTC 2006

Hi!

I can't find the correct thread anymore, but somebody wanted to
know, if it's possible to do suspend-to-disk with suspend2
and have it use a swap "partition" which is on LVM.

I just tested, and this works. To get it to work, I didn't have
to do anything special.

In /boot/grub/menu.lst, I added to the

# kopt=...

line:

        resume2=swap:/dev/sys/Swap

The line reads:

# kopt=root=/dev/mapper/sys-URoot ro resume=/dev/hda6 resume2=swap:/dev/sys/Swap

In /etc/fstab, I added:

/dev/sys/Swap       none            swap            sw                      0 0

In /etc/hibernate/suspend2.conf I set:

SuspendDevice swap:/dev/sys/Swap

In all those places where there is now /dev/sys/Swap, I used to have
/dev/hda6. So, I didn't have to do anything special at all.

Alexander Skwar
--
Der Mensch hat Augen, die nicht alles sehen.
Der Mensch hat Ohren, die nicht alles hören.