CUPS not printing via ipp: protocol

Tony Arnold tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk
Sat Aug 12 10:10:53 UTC 2006

Rich,

On Sat, 2006-08-12 at 10:42 +0100, Rich Lott wrote:
> Ok I still can't print.
>
> I've reinstalled hplip (yes, I'm desperate) nothing.
>
> I've searched the forums, gborzi posted to another thread
> about /etc/cups/client.conf, fiddled with this but still nothing.
>
> It's driving me slightly bonkers. It's like the debian box is just throwing
> the files at /dev/null not the printer, if they come from the ubuntu box!
>
> Anyone any clues as to how to dig deeper?

Any clues in the cups error log file /var/log/cups/error_log ? You
should at least see an entry for the connection and then something that
says the job is starting.

Can you print locally on the debian box?

Apologies if these questions have already been answer in this thread,
I've not been following it.

Regards,
Tony.
E: tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk, H: http://www.man.ac.uk/Tony.Arnold