Resize and drag (was: Re: Window Border Width Setting)

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Fri Aug 11 00:22:36 UTC 2006

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 18:22:27 -0500
Gerry Visel <gcvisel at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm wondering how to set the border width of windows in Ubuntu.  My
> mousing hand is getting older and shakier, and it's nice to be able to
> set the window borders up to 5 pixels, say, so they are easier to grab
> and resize.

This doesn't answer your window borders question, but in Gnome you can
alt + middle-click + drag to resize ( anywhere in the window ) > You can
also alt + left-click to drag windows around, again, anywhere in the
window.

I imagine something similar exists for KDE and XFCE,  and most window
managers as well.

Peter