Getting no connection with my Netgear WG311T v1

Thomas Wolf tomiwolf at onlinehome.de
Wed Aug 9 17:41:36 UTC 2006

Hello,

I am using Kubuntu 6.06. My Netgear WG311T (v1) WLAN adapter is supposed
to work out of the box. Kubuntu recognizes my card correctly and
scanning for available networks is possible - it shows my WEP protected
home office WLAN. After setting up the connection details (dhcp, wep hex
key) the network service is beeing restarted - this process takes
several minutes and isn't successful.

Tried to configure the connection with "wlassistant", in systemsettings
| network settings and in the command line using iwconfig without any
success... would be grateful for any hint!

Thomas