how to refresh 6.06 and save /home?

bscbrit ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Wed Aug 9 16:41:22 UTC 2006

Yes, I do realise that.  This thread is getting out of step - I
explained to the OP that he should back his data up somewhere else so
that he wouldn't lose it during the re-install.  I wasn't concerned
with the specifics. I believe he knows how to do that.  The important
point was not to save it on the disk that he was going to format
otherwise he would lose it. But you are correct in saying that it is
possible to recover all the files with their original permissions by
using tar.

--
bscbrit