Mail client having trouble with email format.

Alexander Skwar listen at alexander.skwar.name
Wed Aug 9 05:51:33 UTC 2006

· Erik Christiansen <erik at dd.nec.com.au>:

> Alexander,
>
> Apropos "was ich nicht kann", just your posts have in the last month or
> so, started to fail to line-wrap here. My procmail & mutt configurations
> have handled tens of thousands of posts OK, but in case it was my
> automatic long-line wrapping in procmail, your posts now pass directly
> to my inbox, without any processing. They still look lke they've been
> through a sausage machine. :-)
>
> Trying "od -c" on the message, I see that the newlines preceding "> >"
> are missing on receipt:
>
> 0007440   c   o   m   >   :  \n   >       O   n       8   /   7   /   0
[...]
> Is there any chance that the newline-eating gremlin is at your end?

Hm, "recently", I've switched to reading this list over
Gmane with the news client KNode. When I subscribed to the
list, I originally used mails and Thunderbird.

> P.S. At least your sig-quotes are still readable, so all is not lost. ;-)

Hm. Even more strange.

Hmm...

I noticed, that some of my messages are utf-8 encoded and  base64
transfer encoded.

Why is it base64? Strange. In other newsgroups, I also use utf-8,
but in those newsgroups, my messages are 8bit encoded - that's what
I'd expect. Thus, it's not me who base64 encodes the messages.

Is anyone else having problems with the way my messages appear
(ie. *DISREGARDING* the content... *G*)?

Alexander Skwar
--
An gewissen verstellten Menschen ist nichts so unerträglich als ihre
halb un- und halb willkürliche Herzlichkeit.