Suspend just breaks when installing packages

Jyrki Pulliainen jyrki.pulliainen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 19:50:29 UTC 2006

Hi there,

I have a laptop (Asus V6J) which had a fully functional suspend after
enabling it through Power manager settings. Yesterday (Monday 8.8.) it
however stopped working for some mysterious error. Now all that I got
is a error saying that computer couldn't suspend and I should check
out the hal page.

On Monday, according to aptitude logs, I installed banshee, vlc,
mplayer with mplayer-plugin and enabled multiverse repositories. I've
uninstalled banshee and libdbus-1-cil plus libipoddev0 it installs
with it. but no luck so far.

Any great ideas how to figure this out? None of the system logs say
anything useful.

Jyrki // jyrki.pulliainen at gmail.com