Backup tool?

Johann Spies jspies at sun.ac.za
Tue Aug 8 08:38:20 UTC 2006

On Mon, Aug 07, 2006 at 03:33:12PM +0200, Florian Diesch wrote:
> "Aron Lopes Petrucci" <aron at uel.br> wrote:
>
> > Now I'd like to backup it, something like a snapshot. So, if it
> > crashjes, I can restore it in this position.
> >
> > I found some backup tools, but they are dinamic tools, wich record
> > data in some folder. It's not a good idea if the hardware crashes.
> > I'd like something wich records on CDs.
> >
> > Can anybody tell me about any util to do this?
>
> ,----[ ~/bin/pkgdesc mondo ]

I have tried mondo a number of times in the past and could never get it
to work as it claim to be able to do.  In some instances I could not
boot from the backup CD's and in others I could not get as far as
writing the CD's with mondo complaining about a lot of (to me) unsolvable
problems.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "Ye lust, and have not; ye kill, and desire to have,
      and cannot obtain; ye fight and war, yet ye have not,
      because ye ask not."            James 4:2