evolution

Miravlix dragon at lix-world.net
Mon Aug 7 19:12:55 UTC 2006

søn, 06 08 2006 kl. 18:55 -0700, skrev Matthew Kuiken:

> There is only one case where the removal of ubuntu-desktop becomes an
> issue. When you want to upgrade from Dapper to Edgy, the upgrade tools
> will have been written, tested, and work better if ubuntu-desktop is
> installed. Otherwise, the package is completely unnecessary after
> initial installation.

I think your overlooking the dependency system in several apt programs,
if you remove ubuntu-desktop and have the dependency clean/supporting
apt applications, it will remove all the applications ubuntu-desktop
triggered to be installed.

Orphan, Aptitude and several others support Auto Dependencies.

--
Miravlix <dragon at lix-world.net>