Nautilus causes NFS problems?

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Sun Aug 6 00:03:48 UTC 2006

On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 19:42:30 +0200
Alexander Skwar <listen at alexander.skwar.name> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I've got a Linkstation 2 MIPS NAS system where I installed the
> nfs-kernel-server from Debian on. When I use Nautilus to browse
> a folder containing images and enable that previews should be
> generated, I'm getting A LOT of messages like this on my client:

I just tried connecting to an NFS share on my laptop from this machine
( desktop machine). With "Previews" set to "always" in Nautilus, I had no
problems or delays at all - beyond the time it took to generate the
thumbnail images of course )

My nfs-kernel-server and nfs-common are  dapper Ubuntu packages on
both machines ( not Debian packages, in other words )

$ dpkg -l nfs* | grep ^ii
ii  nfs-common        1.0.7-3ubuntu2 NFS support files common to client
and serve
ii  nfs-kernel-server 1.0.7-3ubuntu2 Kernel NFS server support

(Same on each machine)

Peter