which file system to use

Al Gordon runlevel7 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 17:06:06 UTC 2006

On 8/4/06, Alexander Skwar <listen at alexander.skwar.name> wrote:
> · Al Gordon <runlevel7 at gmail.com>:

> >> Well, if it comes as "fast" to Linux, as it came to Solaris, then
> >> I wouldn't hold my breathe if I were you...
> >>
> >> Care to explain the advantages of ZFS and RAID-Z?
> >
> > google zfs
>
> Okay, I should have asked differently. My fault. David, which
> advantages do YOU see in ZFS and RAID-Z, especially compared to
> JFS or reiserfs?
>
> Alexander Skwar

Heh, I'm just messing with you, given that other thread that's going on.  :)

Actually, however, google is a great resource for this.  I started
researching as soon as I saw David's post, and zfs looks really
interesting.  I'm considering running a copy or two of Solaris to play
around with it a little, to get familiar with it before (granted,
probably *way* before) it shows up on Linux.  It looks interesting.

Wikipedia has some good technical details as well, btw.

--

  -- AL --