can not remote connect to ubuntu mysql server

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 23:56:30 UTC 2006

On 8/3/06, Qiuli Han <ivyharry at gmail.com> wrote:

> any clue?

Have you configured MySQL to listen to the network?  It's a setting in
/etc/mysql/my.cf:

# Instead of skip-networking the default is now to listen only on
# localhost which is more compatible and is not less secure.
bind-address            = 127.0.0.1

Set that to the IP address you'd like MySQL to listen on and restart the server.

--
Chris

"I trust the Democrats to take away my money, which I can afford.  I
trust the Republicans to take away my freedom, which I cannot."