Kdm query

Markus Schönhaber ubuntu-users at schoenhaber.de
Thu Aug 3 16:42:23 UTC 2006

Sridhar M.A. wrote:
> I am using kdm and am not happy with the way the login window remembers
> the previous login name. Even after, I disabled the option in
> /etc/kde3/kdm/kdmrc, it still remembers the login name. How does one get
> round this irritating (to me ;-) behaviour?

I'm using Gnome/gdm atm, so I can't check. But as I remember you can use
kcontrol to change the behaviour to your liking. Go to
System management / login manager / rightmost tab [1]
There you should see a field where you can select wether the last username, a
specific username or no username at all shall be shown in kdm's login mask.
I don't like to see a username in the login box either and I turned it off
using the above steps.

Regards
  mks

[1] I'm using a German locale. Therefore the label descriptions might not be
entirely correct. But you should get the idea, I think.